Sunday, May 1, 2016

Going Global Graduation with the Creation Station Blog Hop

The Creation Station Design and Blog Hop is back this month! I was beyond thrilled to be asked to join this group of talented women for a monthly blog hop to inspire you with creative top of the line projects with a theme from all around the globe! We hope that you hop thru each blog and leave comments as we all love to hear praise about our creations!
This month we were to cover a masculine theme for a birthday, thank you or sympathy using the Going Global Suite or the In the Meadow Stamp set with Kraft cardstock. Well how about a Graduation theme with Going Global Suite and Kraft cardstock? I thought it would fit and it also fits my need for graduation cards and gift card packaging. You see I have a high school graduate in my house this year!!! I am stocking up on tissue boxes already! Hang on to your seat and stay a bit....lots to see on this post!
Here is my first double giftcard holder. It is seriously so easy to make with just a few items! The greeting comes from the Beautiful Ride Stamp set.
It opens up to reveal two giftcards. 
  It is a single 6" x 6" piece from the Global Places DSP stack. Score vertical at 3" and horizontal at 2". Cut a V slit at the bottom as shown in the picture.  
Add Tear and Tape Adhesive just on the inside bottom pieces. This creates the pockets to hold the gift cards in place.
The next gift card holder is for a single gift card. I love the shaker element on this one! Can you see the Going Global Stamp set map image in there? I used the Metallic Sequins Assortment on the inside.
To create this one, take a piece of the 6" x 6" Going Places DSP Stack and cut down to 6" x 4 1/2". Then score vertical at 3". 
Add some Tear and Tape Adhesive on one side. Then use a circle punch to make the half hole on one side. Pretty simple and easy too!
And I then created some cards....This one uses the Kraft cardstock, the Going Places DSP Stack, the Going Global Stamp set, lots of circle punches! I loved using the Washi Tape Punch on all of projects. I am sad to say that it is sold out completely, but you can just cut a rectangle instead. If you want to make that Graduation cap with punches, just search it on Pinterest. I could not believe how easy to make!
 To create this graduation cap card, I made a tassel out of the Baker's Twine Combo Pack with the Mint Macaron/Basic Black. The background DSP is the Going Places DSP Stack.
Here is a tip: Use the longest clear block to wrap the baker's twine around for the tassel length. I just looked up on Pinterest how to make them. Again, so simple!
And lastly, one more special card for my Megan. Love this car in the Beautiful Ride Stamp set! It fits her well as she has her very own Beetle! I pulled some threads of that same Mint Macaron Baker's Twine and wrapped them around the stamped luggage.
The journey begins for her.....let me go grab a tissue.

Thanks for stopping by my post for the Creations Station Blog Hop!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy
You saw Elizabeth's awesome project before me and now move on to Denita's incredible project by clicking on the next button below! 
Elizabeth Price


Sara Levin

9 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

You never cease to amaze me with your amazing creations! I've got to say that the card with Beautiful Ride is my favorite.

Dena Rekow said...

BRILLIANT!! Cindy these are fantastic projects--I'm not sure which is my favorite! Love how simple they are but oh, so classy! Great job, Cindy!

Denita Wright-Smee said...

Wow Cindy! Your creations are fabulous! Everyone of them. Thankyou for the Gift card tuorials too. D x

Amy O said...

I love these, Cindy! Every...single...one!

libbystamps said...

Wonderful projects Cindy, just wonderful!

Mikaela Titheridge said...

Fabulous creations Cindy and thank you for the instructions. Some really gorgeous shares x

Elizabeth Price said...

I am diggin' all your projects in this post! Your tassel tip is awesome and I love LOVE your last 'beautiful ride' card. The mix of the VW with the map like paper is so eye catching to me. So much I plan to full on copy. A big thanks for sharing so much with all of us stamp enthusiasts. Smiles, Elizabeth

kkstamper said...

Cindy: These projects are simply amazing. Thanks so much for sharing the quick and easy gift card holders. I have loads of graduation cards to make and I'll be CASEing your ideas! xoKathyxo

Jennifer Downey said...

Oh my! Love the saying, The Journey Begins with a graduation theme. Such simple brilliance! Wonderful projects!